Adjacent to Quarry Lake Park, Karen A. Nelson Memorial Dog Park is off Northwestern Avenue, accessible from Northwestern Court. The clean, open park is the go-to dog park for many pet parents, most occupied at about 3:00 p.m. any given day. With two sections for large and small dogs, all dogs over 25 pounds use the large dog section.
For elderly or physically challenged pets, puppies older than four months, and dogs under 25 pounds, they are to use the small dog section. Park-goers will find bags to pick up after their dog (if you leave yours at home) and water, too. With trees and benches to cool off in the shade, pet owners are pleasantly surprised to find the park provides a porta-potty as well.
The five-acre neighborhood park is home to a playground, playfield, and dog park. With many trees, picnic tables, and benches, there is plenty of room for everyone to enjoy the sun or shade. A chain-link fence surrounds the property line, so you don’t have to worry about your child running off from the playground. Two area lights shine in the dark to allow nighttime play or use the three intersecting walking and bike trails. Enjoy the Root River Pathway, North Shore Trail, and Sturtevant Trail. Let your dog socialize in the 80’ by 100’ small dog park or the 80’ by 200’ large dog park.
Caledonia Dog Park is 17 acres of freedom for your pooch! Let your dog run wild through trails, woods, ponds, and streams. Adjacent to the Root River, the park has two beaches and two water landings for a total of four water-access points for your dog to enjoy. Please note that this park is not fenced, so if your dog is a runner, they will need to stay on a leash. The rules are as follows:
- Private property owners surround the park; observe the ‘NO TRESPASSING’ and ‘PRIVATE PROPERTY’ signs.
- Stay out of the farm fields.
- Practice guns are prohibited in the park.
- Only dogs are allowed in the dog park.
- Dogs younger than six months and female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- An adult must accompany children under 12. Young children should not be brought to the dog park for their safety.
- No human or dog food, human or dog treats, alcoholic beverages, strollers, or children’s toys are allowed in the dog park.
- Dog owners MUST clean up their dog’s waste.
- Pack all your trash
- Dogs must be on a leash upon entering and exiting the off-leash dog area.
- Dog owners MUST have voice control over their dog and be in the park with a leash in their possession at all times.
- Excessive barking is prohibited.
- Aggressive behavior is prohibited.